StarLoans is a responsible lender
Your completed application form should give us the information we need to ensure that we will only offer you a secured loan that you can afford to repay.
As a responsible lender, our lending criteria emphasise the following:
- Your total income including Benefits – please go to our Budgeting Form – do you have enough free cash each month to repay the loan?
- Your occupation(s) – length of service and whether you are employed, self-employed or an agency worker.
- Your Credit Report, which will confirm details of your application form, such as your total indebtedness and your record in repaying existing debt.
- How much equity do you have in your property? Equity is the difference between your property’s value and your outstanding mortgage. Property values can be sourced from a property information website called Zoopla.
- Purpose of loan. Secured loans are suited to funding home improvements and debt consolidation but may be used for any purpose.